Friday, March 11, 2011

How to triple Google Adsense Revenue

ncrease Google Adsense revenue by 100% to 200%

This is an Adsense tip I shared on my blog and that helped double or even triple Google Adsense revenue on my blogs. The actual results varied across blogs, but my revenue never decreased, having even tripled in certain cases.

Three Adsense link units

My tip to increase Adsense revenue is to place three Adsense link units side by side. You can use the 120x90, 160x90, 180x90 or the 200x90 sizes, and the idea is to line up the Adsense link units side by side, at the very top of your post/blog. The final result, that you can see in the screenshot, will look something like a "menu".


Test, test, test

Although I obtained great results with displaying the Adsense link units in this fashion, there are things you should test. The most important of which is the color of the links. From my tests, I found that bright colored links achieved double the click-through rate of links with the same color as the text on the page. The color of the "ads by Google" border also affected the CTR (click-through-rate). Other things you might consider testing are the sizes and the number of links (4 or 5) in each link you.

Other things to keep in mind

If you decide to test these Adsense link units, which I highly recommend you do, the click through rate on this channel will be somewhat deceiving. If you set-up a separate channel for the link units, and you put the three ads side by side like I explained, for every page impression there will be three link unit impressions. This will make the CTR on the link units one third of what it would be if you had a single a Adsense ad. So if you want to compare the CTR with say a 336x280 unit, you should multiply the CTR by three. Another option is just to compare the total number of clicks that spot gets, or the page eCPM.

Like I said before, I strongly recommend you test out this layout on your blog. My results have just been incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment